Monday, April 29, 2013

Two new 10s

10 mile trail

I ran my second ever 10 mile race on April 13th this year.  It had snowed beforehand the trail was not cleared; it was more like a 10 mile trudge.  40% of the registrants didn't even show, not sure I blame them.  The good news is that it was still a PR for me... the bad was that it was no where near where I would want to be for this distance.. my half marathon PR is still at a better pace... but conditions as they were I'm pretty proud of myself for just showing up.  


Also, on deck, was my first ever 10K.  I ran the popular Get in Gear: Rite of Spring on April 27th.  As opposed to two weeks earlier, it was a perfect day.  On my 28 for 28 goals list - I wanted to have a sub 60 10K.  Perhaps an odd goal, since I've yet to get the sub 30 5K.  For this race, I would have been satisfied with anything under 1:05.  Anyway, my finish time was 60:36. - for a 9:46 pace!!  Last year, I ran Get Lucky  7K at an 11:10 pace... which means I've shaved 1:24 off my overall pace in the last year for a similar distance.  Now I just need to figure out how to shave those last 36 seconds, which is less than 6 seconds per mile.   One thing that wasn't good about this race, is that my splits were somewhat uneven.  Mile 2 was a 9:00 mile, Mile 3 was a 10:22 mile.  Basically, I paid for that 9:00 minute mile.  I think if I can just even out these splits I might just find those 36 seconds, so here's to that! 

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I agree if you can even out the splits, you will be cookin'!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails