Monday, September 12, 2011

27 for 27

So I decided to completely steal this idea from a fellow blogger, Liz at Random thoughts of a Lutheran Geek.  Anyway, I turned 27 yesterday and figure this would be a good way to take stock in who I am now and what I want going forward.  I originally meant to turn this out on my b-day, but I guess I got carried away with birthday fun.  So here's 27 mini-goals to try to complete while 27.  Or simply stated 27 for 27.

  1. Run a Marathon (yes, this was already a goal, but I think I can still include it) yes!
  2. Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes (same here) so close! 31:30
  3. Be so bold as to wear that little sports bra top when running (yes - the mid-drift baring one), this might require stronger adherence to the #plankaday plan.  I did run around at least once with my mid-drift exposed, but I'm pretty sure this was due to heat and not so much "pride!"
  4. Do #plankaday plan  not really. *sigh* 
  5. Do at least one quality recipe post per month Almost, I missed August... 
  6. Post 4 times per month yes! (sometimes more!)
  7. Increase blog subscribers to 100; I'm currently at (about) 54.  getting there hovers in the 80s
  8. If Goal 7 is complete, create facebook fan page  getting there....
  9. Not become a complete narcissist in doing 7 and 8.  I feel confident I still have my feet on the ground
  10. Finally be able to play Canon in D on Piano straight through with minimal mistakes.  I'm great for about half-way, but I never put the time in to complete the piece.  ahh, no but I did bust out the music more often then the abysmal level of before.  
  11. Re-Learn to listenable quality two flute pieces from the "classics" book  same as goal 10
  12. Make use of my china tea set from my grandma with friends over for real tea  No tea. 
  13. Make use of my other china set with friends over for "real" dinner party I had a fondue party, but I didn't use the China.. guess that makes it a "fake" dinner party.  lol
  14. Fix whatever is going wrong with my disqus comment system thing  I deleted it! check!
  15. Be able to solve a Rubik's Cube much much closer.  I get a full side and first couple rows consistently.
  16. Finish Online math course to refresh math knowledge I "should" have learned  I completed this to my liking.  (It's a self paced course)
  17. Find at least one sustainable farmer in which to purchase meat from Found several! We wish we could afford it more, but it's currently not being budgeted for on a regular basis.  
  18. Research and try out a CSA Researched, but found it might be un-ideal for two people/
  19. Make something with Quinoa yes, I now love quinoa!
  20. Eat Kale (as I feel it's getting to be lame that I haven't yet tried this stuff to my knowledge) yes!
  21. Bake a Pie with real crust nope! (I think this one failed in part to, sadly, not really liking pie that much.  
  22. Host some sort of food competition (via the blog or a perhaps a casual cooking competition) No hosting, but I did attend a Chobani Recipe test kitchen party
  23. Get this garage sale (round two) take care of. yes!
  24. De-clutter my life (i.e. I have to much crap!) I'll put a check here, because I've gotten rid of a lot, but it's still a work in progress
  25. Knit a gift yes, made coffee cozy's for Tony's mom and sister.
  26. Read Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss & Love, and Nomad: From Islam to America: A Personal Journey Through the Clash of Civilizations. Yes
  27. Obtain a more stable job/school situation yes-ish! The ish is because I didn't really switch jobs, but I'm making important changes to make my current job more viable.   
 So, that last one will be the killer, if I don't die during the marathon.  I made a pretty drastic career move almost two years ago, and it's come with some instability.  I would like to find myself in a position, in the not so distance future, where I am happy with my job, but feel comfortable with my finances too... don't we all?!  Well, at least I'm trying.

On turning 27, it feels about right.  This past year has been one of dramatic change, and renewed sanity.  I am hoping the next one is one of strength and stability. 

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea! Its kind of like a mini life list for the year. Good luck with all of your goals...they are very ambitious for just one year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have a goal to meet. There are many things that need to be done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails