Thursday, January 10, 2013

13 things I don't need to change in 2013

So this was in part inspired by this awesome post on Falon's great blog.  Credit where credit is due.

Anyway, everyone's enjoying writing there new year's resolutions and while I'm still working on my goals from 28 for 28, I've been thinking about how sometimes this blog is a reflection on the best parts of my life and not so much the mildly bad to middling parts.  Naturally, it's more fun to talk about the aforementioned fun parts, but suffice it to say I'm not perfect, and I'll probably stay that way. 

So, without further ado: 

1.  I have neither an organized nor well decorated home.   

2.  I procrastinate everything.  

3.  I have a mild case of (yes, clinical) ADD and am constantly forgetting my keys, my hat, my gloves, to wear a seat belt (getting better here) and losing things.  Some of those things have been quite expensive.

4.   I'm addicted to coffee 

5.  I love like wine. 



6.  I don't drive a fancy car.  

7.  I'm a cat lady.  Because cats are awesome! 
Eating string, like all the cool cats do (Spice)
Sugar

Kenya 

8.  I'm not a huge fan of the Princess Bride (It was okay, but I think I was too old when I watched it for the first time)

9.  If it weren't for endurance sports... I'd basically never exercise.  I really don't like the gym.  

10.  Perhaps related to 5 and 9, I do not have a toned stomach.

11.  Pizza, Quesadillas and Burgers are among my favorite foods.   

12.  I'm very much an omnivore.  

13. My blog isn't incredibly popular or even close.  

Me just being me
So, when I was piecing this together ... I totally wanted to add the "not so hot" tri photo to epitomize my humanness   ... but you know - I actually don't look half bad.  I don't think I'll being going for the hairless latex look, or that my stark white tummy is my best feature... but hey if this is the worst of it - I should be effin' proud.  

So there's a few things on this list that maybe I could/ should change... and maybe that will happen one day when it's supposed to.  There's also a handful that I'm secretly proud of.  But mostly, I'm content with things how they are.  

This blog is mostly for me, but there's a very important underlying message that 'everyone' can benefit from.  

It's okay to be okay. 


Go with that.

UPDATE: Tony thinks I should give Princess Bride another chance.  

5 comments:

  1. I think we were seperated at birth because most of those go for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Its OK to be OK" is now, perhaps, my new favorite phrase.

    And I think you look fantastic in your photos, so there (sticks out virtual tongue).

    Have fun storming the castle!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails